My doctor suggested that I see a physical or occupational therapist for my problem with snapping scapula. How can this type of therapy help my problem?

It depends why you are having symptoms. If your symptoms are caused by an inflamed bursa under the shoulder blade, a physical therapist can give you heat or ultrasound treatments to calm pain and inflammation. If you have problems with posture, a therapist can give you exercises to help you learn better body alignment and to strengthen the muscles that support healthy posture. Therapy can also involve exercises to target specific muscles that control the alignment and movement of the shoulder blade.