How do doctors diagnose Kienbock disease?
If you go to the doctor complaining of wrist pain, your doctor will examine your wrist and ask you questions about your medical history and any recent injuries or trauma to your arm. Following that, it's very likely you will go for an x-ray. If your doctor isn't sure, you may be referred for a more specialized test called a magnetic resonance imaging scan (MRI), which allows the doctor to see the joint and the tissues more clearly. Some doctors also use computed tomography scanning (CT scans).